Colin’s Blazin’ 5 picks pushed in Week 4, going 2-2-1, but he’s still a solid 12-7-1 heading into Week 5, and is ready to bounce back with a big week and more stacks of cash. Shooters shoot and bettors bet. It’s time to get hot again.
Here are Colin’s Week 5 Blazin’ 5 plays:
- Broncos vs. Jets (-1.5) – Colin likes Sam Darnold and the Jets laying 1.5 at home over the Broncos coming off a short week, and the number is down to a pick ’em in some places. The Jets are rebuilding, but their defense has 10 takeaways and ranks 6th in the NFL in Yards Per Play (5.2).
Denver has been abysmal in early Sunday games, going 0-6, with a -7 turnover differential, while putting up a pathetic 13.8 PPG, and allowing an eye-popping 29.8 PPG defensively in their last 6 1 PM starts. Jets bounce back from a bad performance with their best game of the year. 26-21, New York.
2. Raiders (+5.5) at Chargers – Colin likes the Raiders getting 5.5 in what will essentially be home game facing the Chargers in L.A. Jon Gruden only has one win so far, but his offense is humming. Oakland ranks second in Total Offense (441.8 Total YPG)
They should move the ball at will on a Chargers defense – minus Joey Bosa – that’s allowing 30.0 PPG (28th – NFL), and has given up 32 plays of 20+ yards on the year (T-3rd most). Take the Raiders, the points, and outright. 27-24, Oakland.
3. Vikings (+3) at Eagles – Carson Wentz may be back, but Colin is rolling with the Vikings getting 3 on the road against the defending Super Bowl champs. Philly is only averaging 20.8 PPG on offense this year (T-26th – NFL), and they’ll need to put up points against Kirk Cousins, who’s been a monster at Lincoln Financial.
In his career at the Linc, Cousins is completing 67.1% of his passes for 332.3 YPG, 12 TD’s, 3 INT’s, and a passer rating of 112.0. Take Minny, the field goal, and outright. 24-23, Vikings.
4. Cardinals (+5.5) at Niners – Take the Cardinals as a 5.5 point road dog in San Fran in maybe the one game this year they’ll have the QB advantage. The Niners are 1-11 in their last 12 games Jimmy G hasn’t played in, and Arizona has lost their last two games by a total of only 5 points.
Josh Rosen was impressive in his first career action in Week 4, guiding the Cardinal offense to season highs in Points, Total Yards, Pass Yards, and Rush Yards. Take the better team, the better QB and the points. 27-26, Arizona gets the win.
5. Redskins (+6.5) at Saints (MNF) – Colin loves Washington, off a bye, getting points on the road against New Orleans. The Redskins have the NFL’s 6th ranked rushing offense (137.7 YPG), and an underrated defense that ranks 2nd in PPG Allowed (14.7), 3rd in Total YPG Allowed (278.0), Pass Defense (187.3 YPG), and Opposing QB Passer Rating (77.0).
Alex Smith should be able to carve up a Saints D that ranks 29th in PPG Allowed (30.3), Pass Defense (311.0 YPG), and 25th in 3rd Down Conversion % Allowed (45.7). Take the rested Redskins, the points, and outright. 28-27, Washington.