Colin continued cashing with a 3-2 Week 15 Blazin’ 5 to move him to 42-31-2 on the season, and he’s ready to closeout his NFL gambling year on a high note with his final Blazin’ 5 of 2018.
Here are his Week 16 Blazin’ 5 plays:
- Ravens at Chargers (-4.5) – Give Colin Philip Rivers and the Chargers as 4.5 point “home” favorites against the Ravens. L.A. is 10-1 since Week 4 (1st-NFL), leads the NFL with 118 big plays (runs +10, passes +20), have the better overall roster, and get Melvin Gordon back this week.
Ravens QB Lamar Jackson has been impressive on the ground, but hasn’t thrown for over 200 yards in 5 starts this season. That’s not going to cut it against against L.A.’s 9th ranked rush defense. Baltimore’s D keeps this close, but but Chargers pull away and cover, 27-20.
2. Packers (-3) at Jets – Colin is all over Aaron Rodgers and the Packers as field goal road favorites against Sam Darnold and the Jets. Colin hasn’t wavered in his belief that Darnold will be a star, but he’s got nothing around him. The Jets offense ranks 30th in the league in Total YPG (298.4), Yards Per Play (4.86), and big plays – runs over 10 yards, passes over 20 (74).
Green Bay (0-7 on the road) hasn’t gone winless away from Lambeau since the 50’s, and Rodgers is motivated to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Darnold keeps it closer than it should be, but the Packers win and cover the 3, 28-23.
3. Bears at Niners (+4) – Colin likes the Niners as 4-point home dogs against the Bears in a let down game after clinching the NFC North, last week. San Francisco has been atrocious on the road this season (0-7) but they’ve won 4 at home, including two in a row against Seattle and Denver.
Bears QB Mitch Trubisky has been far less effective away from Soldier Field, going 2-2 (7-1 home), with a 4/3 TD to INT ratio (19/9 home), and an 87.6 Passer Rating (97.2 home). Chicago finds a way to win, but the Niners cover with the points. 24-23, Bears.
4. Giants (+9.5) at Colts – Andrew Luck and Indy have been red hot, but Colin can’t pass up the Giants getting a fat 9.5 points on the road. New York has been bad this season, but they’re better away from home with a 3-4 road record (2-5 home), while averaging 25.7 PPG (18.1 home), and allowing 23.1 PPG (26.6 home). More importantly, they haven’t lost by more than 7 on the road all year.
Indy is the better team and gets the win, but the Giants cover getting 9.5. 30-23, Colts.
5. Chiefs at Seahawks (+2.5) SNF – Colin loves Russell Wilson and Seattle as 2.5-point home favorites on Sunday Night Football against the Chiefs. Since 2012, the Seahawks are an eye-popping 16-2 at home in primetime, and are averaging 29.1 PPG. Russell Wilson has 35 TD’s and only 9 INT’s in those games.
Seattle’s 1st ranked rushing attack (154.9 Rush YPG) will run it down a weak Kansas City D that’s allowed the 7th most rushing yards in the league and looked especially bad recently. Seattle covers and wins outright by controlling the clock and keeping Mahomes on the sidelines. 28-26, Seahawks.
Make sure you check out Colin’s Blazin’ 5 Prediction Podcast with RJ Bell every Saturday morning to see if the wiseguys agree or disagree with his picks. Download and subscribe to it exclusively at TheHerdNow.com, iHeart Radio, Google Play, or iTunes. Don’t be a mark!