Sunday is gone, and Monday has arrived like an unwelcome set of in-laws. 4 weeks of the NFL season are in the book, and yesterday was moving day in the NFL. A host of surprise teams are 3 – 1, while several contenders from last year are watching their season season slowly slip away.
The Panthers took two losses against the Falcons, Dallas has seen the future, and the traveling Rex Ryan comedy spectacular killed in Foxboro.
Here are five storylines from a packed NFl Week 4. It’s The Monday’s:
- The Cowboy’s future is now – The Cowboys were down 14 against the 49’ers on the road, without superstar wide receiver, Dez Bryant. No problem. Dak Prescott threw for 245, tossed 2 touchdowns and no picks, and Ezekiel Elliott pounded San Fran for 138 on the ground and a score. The future of the Cowboys is here. It’s just the Niners, but It’s hard to imagine Tony Romo doing anything more than holding a clipboard, even if he is eventually ready to play.
— Chip Angeles (@ChipAngeles) October 2, 2016
2. Julio’s 3 bills get the Falcons to 3 -1 – Julio Jones torched the Panthers for a Madden-like 300 yards and a score as the Falcons lit up the defending NFC champs for 48 points at home. Matty Ice threw for 500, and leads the NFL in passing yards, completion percentage and is tied for the NFL lead in touchdown passes for the surprising 3 -1 Falcons. Now they have to avoid their customary late season collapse. Stay tuned.
— Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) October 2, 2016
3. The Panthers have a problem – The dabs have been few and far between this year for the defending NFC champs. Cam Newton has taken a world class beating, and left yesterday’s 48 -33 loss to the Falcons with a concussion. Carolina is 1 -3, which could easily become 1 – 4 if Cam is forced to sit out Week 5. The absence of Josh Norman in the secondary has been greater than expected, ask Julio Jones. A lot more questions than answers in Carolina right now.
Cam Newton Leaves Game After Helmet-to-Helmet Hit on 2-Point Conversion pic.twitter.com/vpR2IyaXZl
— SportsCast (@SportsCast_THN) October 2, 2016
3. Pats can’t stay perfect, but Brady’s coming back – The Patriots were blanked 1 6 – 0 by Coach/Stand up Comedian Rex Ryan and the Bills. It doesn’t matter. The Pats end the 4 game deflategate mini-season at 3 -1 with the AFC East basically wrapped up. Tom Brady is set to return and pull a V for Vendetta on the NFL, starting this week against the Browns. Even though yesterday’s loss was tough, the Patriots emerge from the ashes of Deflategate ready to roll.
4. The Rams keep winning – The Rams have been outscored on the season, Todd Gurley has been ineffective, they didn’t score an offensive touchdown until Week 3, and their coach looks like every guy to ever drive a Corvette. They’re tied for the NFC West lead at 3 -1, including wins against the Cardinals and Seahawks. The Rams have turned winning ugly into museum art. It’s hard to imagine them sustaining this magic trick, but give them credit for doing it to this point.
Keenum with the go-ahead TD?!?
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) October 2, 2016
5. The Steelers beat the Chiefs like they stole something – The Chiefs and their “3-yard passes and a cloud of dust” offense was no match for an angry Steelers team coming off a 34 -3 Wentzing by the Eagles. The Steelers smashed KC behind 5 Ben Roethlisberger touchdown passes. Le’Veon Bell was smokin’ after his 3 game suspension, debuting with 144 yards rushing in his return. Sammie Coates is emerging as yet another stud, playmaking wideout. Pittsburgh looks primed for a deep playoff run.
And they just keep coming…
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) October 3, 2016