It’s NFL Week 2, and Colin is coming off a scorching hot 4-1 Week 1 Blazin’ 5, his best start to the year ever. This week he’s got another handful of winners to take to the bank.
Pay attention, unless you hate free money. Here are Colin’s Week 2 NFL plays:
1. Vikings at Steelers (-7) – Colin doesn’t like giving points, but he’s taking Pittsburgh, at home, laying a touchdown against Minnesota. Big Ben is 18-5 in his career with a passer rating of 101.4 at home against the NFC, and has a career passer rating of 115.3 at Heinz Field compared to 80.0 rating on the road.
Also, the Vikings are 1-5 ATS over their last 6 on the road, and they’re overvalued after beating up on a weak Saints D in their opener. Take Pittsburgh, lay the 7. 28-16, Steelers.
- Washington (+2.5) at Rams – The Rams were impressive in Week 1, but Colin is taking Washington getting 2.5 here. The Redskins are 9-2 ATS over their last 11 on the road, while the Rams are 1-7 ATS over their last 8 games, overall. In his last 11 road games, Kirk Cousins is 7-3-1 with a completion percentage just under 70%, 21 TD’s, 5 INT for a passer rating of 106.9.
Even though L.A. looked good in their opener, the Colts were without Andrew Luck and their top corner Vontae Davis. Even against a bad Indy D, the Rams only managed 1.91 yards per rush, which was the worst of any team in Week 1.
Take Washington and the points. They win this one outright, 24-21.
- Dolphins (+4.5) at Chargers – Colin is picking against both L.A. teams and going with grumpy Jay Cutler and Miami getting 4.5 on the road.
Miami is 8-3-1 ATS over their last 12, while the Chargers are 0-4-1 ATS over their last 5, and the Dolphins traveled to L.A. last weekend because their Week 1 game was postponed due to Hurricane Irma. They’re fresh.
Colin thinks Miami’s overall roster is underrated, especially their defense, which was the 4th best in the NFL on third downs last year. In Week 1, the Chargers were only able to rack up 249 yards in total offense against Denver.
Take the Dolphins and the points. Jay Cutler smokes L.A., 27-21.
- Packers at Falcons (-2.5) – Colin is going with Falcons laying 2.5 at in their stadium opener against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers here. Giving Rodgers points sounds crazy, but Atlanta beat Green Bay twice last year, averaged 35 points per game at home last season. In those games, Matt Ryan averaged over 340 yards per game, and completed over 75% of his passes with 7 TD’s and 0 picks.
Take the Birds and lay the points. 31-24, Atlanta.
- Cowboys (-2) at Broncos – Colin likes the Boys laying 2, on the road in Denver because he’s all in on Dak Prescott. In 4 starts against AFC teams, Prescott is 4-0 with a completion percentage just under 74%, 9 TD, 0 INT, and a passer rating of 127.2. With Dak, Dallas has averaged 25.8 points per game overall, and the Broncos have lost 7 straight when allowing 26 or more.
Denver’s on a short week, has a rookie head coach, a below average quarterback. Colin thinks Dallas may be the best team in the NFL and he’s laying the points here. 28-22, Cowboys.
Watch Colin run through the winners:
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) September 15, 2017