It’s NFL Week 9 and time for Colin’s Blazin’ 5 NFL picks. Colin killed Week 8 by going 4-1 and is up to an impressive 25-15 on the year (62.5%). He’s ready to keep it rolling into this week and continue his best year of picks ever.
Without further delay, here are Colin’s Week 9 NFL plays:
- Rams (-3.5) at Giants – Colin has been high on the Rams all year, and he’ll take them coming off a bye as 3-point road favorites against the Giants. Jared Goff and the Rams second ranked scoring offense (30.3 PPG) will face a Giants secondary without top corner Janorris Jenkins, who has been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.
This game means more to L.A. Take the Rams, swallow the points. 27-20.
2. Ravens at Titans (-3.5) – Colin is rolling with the Titans as 3.5 home favorites coming off a bye week over the Ravens. Tennessee is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 at home, facing a Ravens team that’s 3-8 ATS over their last 11 on the road. In the Titans’ 4 wins, they’re averaging 155.5 rushing yards per game with 6 rush TD’s. The Ravens have 30th ranked rushing defense (132.8 YPG) should have a hard time stopping them on the ground.
Take a rested Mariota and Tennessee, lay the 3.5. Tennessee 31-20.
3. Bucs at Saints (-7) – Colin loves the Saints giving up a touchdown at home over the Bucs. New Orleans has been on a roll. During their 5-game winning streak, they’re 4-1 ATS with 11 takeaways and an average margin of victory of 14.4 PPG.
Meanwhile, the Bucs are 0-4-1 ATS over their last 5, and 1-3-1 ATS over their last 5 on the road. The Saints are averaging 34.3 rushing attempts per game, 151.7 Rush YPG, and have 6 Rush TD in their last 3.
New Orleans has the better coach, quarterback and defense. 32-22, Saints.
4. Falcons (-1 ½) at Panthers – Colin likes the Falcons as slight favorites going into Carolina, partly because he doesn’t think Cam will react well to losing his favorite target, Kelvin Benjamin, in a trade with the Bills. Newton is 2nd to only DeShone Kizer with 12 giveaways. Carolina has already failed to score a touchdown in two games this year, and has dropped its last two at home.
Atlanta has stepped back after their Super Bowl run, but they still rank 2nd in the NFL in yards per play (6.2 YPP). Take the Falcons, lay the 1 ½, 27-21.
5. Chiefs (+2) at Cowboys – Colin loves the Chiefs getting 2 on the road against Dallas. Give Colin Kansas City playmakers Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and an offense that ranks 1st in yards per play (6.26), 3rd in total offense (377.9 YPG), and 3rd in scoring offense (29.5 PPG).
The Cowboys have allowed 17 passes of 20+ yards this season, which is tied for 6th most in the NFL. Take the Chiefs, the points, and the outright win against a distracted Dallas. 28-24, K.C.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) November 3, 2017