It’s NFL Week 6 and Colin’s coming off his first losing week of the year, so he’s giving his picks a day early to get back in the win column as soon as possible. He’s still 16-9 on the season, and ready to cash in again.
Here are Colin’s Week 6 NFL plays:
1. Lions at Saints (-5) – Colin doesn’t usually like swallowing points, but he likes the Saints -5, coming of a bye at home against the Lions. The Saints are 5-2 ATS over their last 7 and Drew Brees is on fire. He’s completing over 69% of his passes with 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions with a Passer Rating of 108.3 on the year, and this week he faces a Lions defense that just got lit up by Cam Newton, who threw 3 TD’s and completed 79% of his passes last week.
The Saints are known for having a shaky defense, but they’ve only allowed 13 points in their last 2. Take the Saints, lay the 5. 28-20, New Orleans.
- Bears (+6.5) at Ravens – Colin likes the Bears getting 6.5 in Baltimore against the Ravens struggling offense. Only benched Browns rookie DeShone Kizer has a lower passer rating than Joe Flacco (71.0), and Baltimore hasn’t scored more than 20 points in the last three weeks.
Colin likes the Bears roster, especially their running backs. Chicago has been pounding it on the ground, averaging over 32 attempts for 146.7 yards per game and 3 TD’s in their last three games. Meanwhile, the Ravens D has allowed 149 rushing yards per game and 4 TD’s in their last 3. Mitchell Trubisky wins his first game in an upset. 24-21, Bears.
- Rams (+2.5) at Jaguars – Colin is taking the Rams and 2.5 on the road against Jacksonville, who ranks second to last in the NFL in rushing defense, allowing 146.6 yards per game and 5.38 yards per carry (Most in the NFL). This week, they’ll face Todd Gurley, who is averaging 182 total yards with 4 touchdowns in two road games this year.
Last week, against a top tier Seattle defense, L.A. put up 375 total yards, and Jared Goff is 2-0 with 5 passing touchdowns, 0 interceptions, and a passer rating of 119.7 on the road this season. Jacksonville is due for a letdown after one of their biggest wins in recent history, on the road in Pittsburgh, last week. Take the Rams, the 2.5, and the outright win. 28-23, L.A.
- Patriots (-9.5) at Jets – 9.5 is a lot of points to cough up, but Colin is taking the Pats as big road favorites going into MetLife to face the Jets. New England is 10-3 ATS in their last 13 games, and 5-0 ATS in their last 5 away from Foxboro.
The Pats are tied for 2nd in the NFL with 25 plays of 20+ yards, and face a Jets team that allows the 4th most 20+ plays in the league. Since struggling in Week 1, Tom Brady Is completing almost 74% of his passes at 9.03 yards per pass, with 11 TD, only 1 interception and a passer rating of 121.4. The Jets are on a 3-game winning streak, but they get rolled here. 32-20, Patriots.
- Eagles at Panthers (-3.5) – Colin thinks the Panthers to keep it rolling, laying 3.5 at home against Philly on Thursday night. The Eagles are on the road, and without their starting tackle Lane Johnson. In his career, Carson Wentz is only 2-8 without Johnson in the lineup. This could be a problem against a Carolina defense that leads the NFC in sacks (17).
In his last 2, Cam has completed 77% of his passes, with 6 TD’s, 1 INT, and a passer rating of 137.2. Take Carolina, lay the points. 28-20, Panthers.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) October 12, 2017