It’s NFL Week 5 and Colin is coming off another red hot 4-1 week, and is destroying the house with a 15-5 record, one month into the NFL betting season. If he keeps picking winners like this, the wiseguys might put out a hit on him.
Are you sick of all the winning yet? He isn’t either. Here are Colin’s Week 5 NFL plays:
- Seahawks at Rams (-2.5) – Colin hit with the L.A. getting points against the Cowboys on the road last week, and this week he’ll take them laying 2.5 against Seattle at home. The Rams are 7-3 ATS over their last 10, and 5-0 ATS over their last 5 at home against Seahawks. Seattle is one of only 3 teams allowing 5 yards per rush and 8 yards per reception to opposing running backs this season, and this week they’ll face one of the best in the NFL in Todd Gurley, who leads NFL with 7 TD’s is 2nd in the league with 149.0 total yards per game.
Take the Rams, lay the points. 27-20, L.A.
- Panthers at Lions (-3) – Colin likes the Lions laying a field goal at home against Carolina. Cam Newton played lights out against the Patriots, but throughout his career, he usually follows a great game with a bad one. He’s also dealing with the distraction of his press conference controversy. The Panther defense doesn’t have a takeaway in their last 3 games, while Detroit leads the league with 11. Carolina’s D has also allowed 32 points per game in their last two.
Colin thinks the Detroit defense is the most underrated unit in the league this year, so he’s taking Matt Stafford and the Lions, 32-26.
- Chargers (+3.5) at Giants – Colin likes the Chargers getting 3.5 in New York against the Giants, because even though they’re winless, they’re in every game. So far this year, only 1 game was decided by more than 3 points. Their last 14 road games have been decided by an average of 3.0 points per game, which is a great sign heading into MetLife.
L.A. has the lowest percentage of 3 and outs in the NFL (5%), and New York ranks 21st in 3rd down defense. This should allow the Chargers to control the clock and keep it close. Take L.A., the points, and the upset. 26-23, Bolts.
- Chiefs at Texans (+1) – Colin has the Chiefs ranked as his top team in the NFL, and covered with them last week, but he’s taking the Texans getting a point at home here. Kansas City is heading on the road after a short week, and Houston rookie Deshaun Watson has improved each week, including lighting up the Titans for 5 total TD’s (4 pass, 1 rush), 307 total yards, and a passer rating of 125.0, last week.
Kansas City is the better team in the long run, but they’re beat up and drop this one on the road. 27-24, Texans.
- Packers at Cowboys (-2) – Colin is taking the Cowboys laying 2 at Jerry’s World in a re-match of last year’s NFC Championship Game. Aaron Rodgers has been pressured 73 times on the season, which is bad news against a Dallas team that leads the NFL in pressures, and features Demarcus Lawrence, who leads the NFL in sacks (7.5).
Green Bay is only 13-12 on the road in the last 4 seasons, and are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 on the road against the Cowboys. Ezekiel Elliott has had an uneven start to the year, but he’s averaging 139.5 total yards in 2 home games, and the Packers have allowed 100+ rush yards in their last 3 games. Dallas is 7-2 when Zeke rushes for 100 or more yards in his career, and won the only game he reached 100 this year.
This one could turn into a blowout. 33-24, Cowboys.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) October 6, 2017