It’s NFL Week 4, and Colin is coming off another winning week (3-2), and is killing it with an 11-4 start to the NFL betting year. This week he’s back picking winners, and loves this week’s slate of games.
It’s time to keep this train rolling. Here are Colin’s Week 4 NFL plays:
- Giants (+3) at Bucs – Colin has been critical of Eli Manning all year, but he likes the Giants getting 3 points on the road in Tampa. Bucs QB Jameis Winston Is still a work in progress and has thrown 3 picks in his last 2 starts. He’s also 4-18 in his career when Tampa runs the ball 30 or fewer times, and 0-11 when they run it less than 25 times. Last week they had 9 rushing attempts.
Take Eli, OBJ, the points, and the outright win here. 24-23, New York.
- Steelers at Ravens (+3) – Colin is taking Baltimore as a home dog against a Pittsburgh team that struggles away from Heinz Field and just lost an ugly one in Chicago last week. Pittsburgh hasn’t won at Baltimore since 2012, and 14 of the last 19 games between these two have been decided by 4 points or less.
The Ravens D leads the NFL with 10 takeaways so far this season, which should keep it close. Take Baltimore, the field goal, and the upset. 17-16, Ravens.
- Rams (+8) at Cowboys – Colin loves the massively improved Rams getting 8 against a Dallas team coming off a short week. The Cowboys are 3-7 ATS over their last 10 games, and are only averaging 4.8 yards per play in their last 2.
Rams QB Jared Goff has only been sacked 3 times on the year, has a passer rating of 118.2 (3rd in the NFL), and the Rams offense leads the NFL in scoring (35.7 ppg). Todd Gurley has scored 6 TD (4 Rush, 2 Rec) in 3 weeks under rookie coach Sean McVay, he had 6 all of last year.
Dallas wins, but the Rams cover the 8. 27-23, Cowboys.
- Raiders at Broncos (-2.5) – Colin likes Denver giving 2.5 at home against a Raiders team that just got destroyed on the road last week in D.C. The Broncos are 8-3-1 ATS over their last 12 at home. The Raiders are 2-4 ATS over their last 6 on the road, and just 3-8 ATS in their last 11 in Denver.
Denver is the only defense in the NFL that hasn’t allowed 300 yards in a game yet this year, and offensively, quarterback Trevor Simian has a 106.9 passer rating at home this season, against a 58.3 passer rating on the road. He should be effective against a Raiders defense that’s allowing 6.04 yards per play (5th most in the NFL).
Take Denver and lay the 2.5. 27-21, Broncos.
- Redskins at Chiefs (-6.5) – Colin got burnt by Kansas City last week, but he’s laying the 6.5 and taking the Chiefs at home this week. KC is 5-1 ATS over their last 6, 13 of 15 ATS overall, and 5-0 ATS in their last 5 against Washington.
Kansas City has the 2nd best point differential in NFL, and Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill are 1 of 2 tandems in the NFL averaging over 9 yards per touch. Defensively, they’ve held 6 of their last 8 opponents to 20 points or less.
Take the Chiefs, lay the 6.5. 31-21, KC.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) September 29, 2017