It’s time for Colin’s Blazin’ 5 for NFL Week 15. Colin broke even last week, posting a 2-2-1 record in Week 14. He’s still a more than respectable 39-29-2 on the year, and he’s ready to roll this week.
Colin doesn’t care if you’ve been naughty or nice, he just wants to stuff your stocking until it’s overflowing with cash.
Here are his Blazin’ 5 plays for NFL Week 15.
- Packers (-6.5) at Bears – 6.5 is a big number, but Colin is rolling with red-hot Green Bay, on the road against struggling Chicago. Aaron Rodgers has eaten the division rival Bears for lunch throughout his career. He’s 13-4, with 38 touchdowns, only 9 picks, a 68% completion percentage, and a quarterback rating of 106.8 in his career against Chicago. 11 of his 13 wins have come by 7+ points. Over his last 4 games overall, Rodgers has completed 70% of his passes, with 10 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, and a passer rating of 121.1.
Also, the Green Bay defense is finally healthy and playing better. They’ve allowed 12 points per game with 9 sacks and 8 takeaways in their last 3 games. The Packers have won their last 5 games in Chicago, and they’ll win this one, too. Take Green Bay and lay the 6.5. 31-20, Pack.
2. Raiders (-3) at Chargers – Colin likes the Raiders, even giving 3 on the road against the Chargers. Oakland has had 10 days off since their Thursday night loss in Kansas City, which snapped their 6-game winning streak. The Raiders have averaged 11.5 points per game in their 2 games against the Chiefs this year, but 30.5 against the rest of the league, and are 6-1 on the road.
Philip Rivers has thrown an NFL-high 17 interceptions this year, and should face significant pressure from Khalil Mack and the Raider pass rush. Mack has a sack in his last 8 games (10 total over that span), and he’s forced a fumble in 5 of his last 6 games. Oakland has won their last 3 against San Diego, and they’ll win this one, too. Take Oakland and swallow the field goal. 34-26, Raiders.
3. Titans (+5.5) at Chiefs – Colin has been a big fan of Andy Reid and the Chiefs this year, but he’s taking the Titans getting 5.5, on the road in KC. The Titans are 7-6, after winning 2 straight, and 3 of their last 4.
Tennessee leads the NFL in red-zone TD efficiency (71.4%), are the best team in the AFC in 3rd-down conversion percentage (46.0%), and are 3rd in the NFL in rushing yards per game (144.5). The Chiefs win a close one, but Tennessee covers the 5.5. 27-26, KC.
4. Lions (+4.5) at Giants – Colin is all over the Lions as a 4.5 point road dog, heading into MetLife to face the G-men. The Giants just beat the Cowboys, but Eli Manning is completing just 59.2% of his passes over his last 4 games, and Odell Beckham is New York’s only reliable offensive weapon.
Matt Stafford is a legitimate MVP candidate, and has thrown 15 touchdowns against only 3 interceptions in his last 9 games. The Lions have won 8 of 9, and they’ll pull the outright upset here. 26-24, Lions.
5. Bucs (+7) at Cowboys – Colin likes Tampa getting 7 against the Cowboys in Big D. The Bucs defense is for real. During their current 5-game winning streak, they’ve forced 14 turnovers and have 13 sacks, while allowing only 12.8 points per game. They’re also tied for the NFL lead in takeaways (25). Defense travels, and Tampa is 5-1 on the road this year.
Dak Prescott’s recent struggles have been well documented, including a career worst 45.9% completion percentage last week against the Giants. Dallas gets the win, but Tampa covers the 7. 26-23, Cowboys.
Make sure you download, listen and subscribe to Colin’s Blazin’ 5 Prediction Podcast with RJ Bell every Saturday morning through the end of the football season. He’ll sit down with RJ and see how this week’s Blazin’ 5 stacks up against the Vegas sharps.