Colin was a scorching 4-1 in Week 13 for one of his best weeks of a solid season. He’s 36-23-1 on the year, and can’t wait to keep the momentum rolling with a bunch of winners this week.
Here are Colin’s Week 14 NFL plays:
- Vikings (-2.5) at Panthers – Colin likes Minnesota as 2.5-point road favorites against an inconsistent Carolina. The Vikings are 5-0 ATS over their last 5 games, while the Panthers are just 2-3-1 ATS over their last 6 at home. A Carolina offense that’s failed to gain 300 Yards 7 times this year will face a Minny D that just held the Falcons offense to seasons lows in Yards, Pass Yards, and 3rd Down %, on the road. It could be a long day.
Once labeled a liability, Case Keenum is just the 3rd player in Vikings History to have a Passer Rating of 100 in 4 straight games, and completed all 13 passes in the 2nd Half in Atlanta. He’s the best QB in this matchup. Take the Vikings, lay the 2.5. 28-23, Minnesota.
2. Bears (+5.5) at Bengals – Give Colin Mitchell Trubisky and the Bears getting 5.5 on the road against a beat-up Bengals team in his favorite pick of the week. Trubisky is coming off his career high in Passer Rating (117.2), and will face a Bengals secondary without Adam Jones (groin) and Dre Kirkpatrick (concussion), who were injured in Week 13. Safety George Iloka will also be out while serving his one game suspension for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Antonio Brown.
Look for Trubisky to manage the game and for the Bears’ 12th ranked rushing offense to pound it it on the ground against Cincy’s 28th ranked Rushing Defense. Take the Bears the 5.5, and the upset. 24-23, Chicago.
3. 49ers (+3) at Texans – Colin likes Jimmy G and the Niners getting a field goal on the road in Houston. 49ers are 5-2 ATS over their last 7 on the road, and Garoppolo completed over 70% of his passes in his 1st start for San Francisco. He should carve up Texans Pass D that has allowed opposing QB’s to throw for 13 TD’s, only 3 INT’s, and a Passer Rating of 107.4 in their last 6. The 49ers have averaged 126.7 Rush YPG in winning 2 of their last 3, while Houston has allowed 168.5 Rush YPG in their last 2 games (both losses).
Take Jimmy G and the Niners, the field goal, and the outright win. 28-26, San Fran.
4. Titans at Cardinals (+3) – Colin likes Arizona as a home underdog against Marcus Mariota and Tennessee. The Titans are 1-4 over their last 5 on the road and 2-3 overall in their last 5, while averaging just 14.6 PPG, 248.8 YPG, and almost 3 Giveaways per game. In his last 4 road games, Mariota has 2 touchdowns, 8 picks, and a pathetic passer rating of only 62.1. Arizona has forced 6 turnovers in their last 3 games.
Since the bye in Week 8, Larry Fitzgerald is averaging 10.2 Targets/PG, 7.4 Rec/PG, 76.8 YPG, 2 TD, and he could do damage against a Titans D that has allowed 7 Passing TD’s in their last 4. Take the Cardinals, the field goal, and the home win. 28-20, Arizona.
5. Redskins (+6) at Chargers – Colin has been talking up the Chargers lately, but he likes Washington getting 6 on the road at the NFL’s best soccer stadium. The Redskins are 12-5 ATS over their last 17 on the road, while the Chargers are 2-8 ATS over their last 10 at “home.”
Kirk Cousins’ 105.1 road Passer Rating is the 5th best in the NFL, and he leads the league in 25-yard + completions (33). L.A. just allowed 5 25-Yd+ Completions to the pathetic Browns last week. Cousins will keep it close enough to cover getting 6, but the Chargers win a close one, 27-26.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) December 8, 2017