It’s time for Colin’s Blazin’ 5 for NFL Week 13. Colin’s on a heater after going 4-1 over for his third winning week in a row, and taking him to 35-24-1 on the year.
Some people say 13 is the unluckiest number, but Colin doesn’t have time for superstitions because he’s too busy making it rain for America. Get your money clips ready.
Here are his Blazin’ 5 plays for NFL Week 13.
- Rams (+13.5) at Patriots – The Rams have been a mess, but Colin likes them getting almost two touchdowns heading into New England. The Patriots offense won’t be firing on all cylinders without Rob Gronkowski, who is done for the year. Tom Brady is also banged up and less than 100%. The Pats defense is 3rd in the NFL in points allowed (17.9), but give up 353 yards per game (14th). Teams move the ball on them. New England is only 3-2 ATS at home this year. Belichick and Brady win the game, but the Rams cover the 13.5. 26-16, Pats.
2. Texans at Packers (-6) – Colin is swallowing the 6 points and taking the Pack at home over the Texans. Houston is 6-5, but $72 million free agent Brock Osweiler has been a mess. He’s only thrown 12 touchdown passes on the year to go along with 13 picks to lead an offense that is 31st in the NFL in yards per play and passing yards per game. Houston is also an abysmal 1-4 ATS on the road. Aaron Rodgers has finally started to look like himself recently. In his last six games, he’s thrown 17 touchdowns, only 2 interceptions, and has a 104.1 passer rating. Rodgers torched the Texans for 6 touchdowns and 338 yards passing the last time the two teams met. Green Bay’s resurgent offense is too much for Osweiler to keep up with. Take Green Bay, lay the 6. 29-13, Green Bay.
3. Bills (+3) at Raiders – Colin likes Buffalo as a 3-point road dog traveling West to Oakland. The Bills’ 157.4 rushing yards per game leads the NFL, and the Raiders defense ranks last in the league in opponent yards per play (6.23). This should help shorten the game and keep Derek Carr watching from the sidelines. The Bills also only only have 6 turnovers on the season, which leads the league. The Raiders are 9-2, but 2-4 ATS at home. Take Buffalo, and the points, and the outright upset in The Black Hole. 27-26, Bills.
4. Bucs (+4) at Chargers – Colin likes Jameis Winston and the Bucs getting 4 on the road in San Diego. The Bucs are 4-1 on the road ATS, and their defense has only allowed 10.7 points per game over their last 3. They’re 6-0 when allowing 24 points or less this year. San Diego’s 23 turnovers are the most in the NFL, and helps keep opposing teams in games late. Take Tampa and the points and the straight-up win. 23-21, Buccaneers.
5. Giants (+6) at Steelers – Ben Roethlisberger has a career record of 34-14 in December, and is 10-1 in his last 11 December games, but Colin likes the Giants getting 6 at Heinz Field. Jason Pierre Paul has 5.5 sacks in the last two games, and safety Landon Collins is tied for 2nd in the NFL with 5 picks. The Giants are historically a good road dog and have played in ugly games all year. Pittsburgh wins ugly in this one, but New York covers the 6. 26-23, Steelers.
Make sure you download, listen and subscribe to Colin’s Blazin’ 5 Prediction Podcast with RJ Bell every Saturday morning through the end of the football season. He’ll sit down with RJ and see how this week’s Blazin’ 5 stacks up against the Vegas sharps.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) December 2, 2016