Colin took Week 12 off for the holiday, but he’s ready to come roaring back in Week 13 with one his favorite Blazin’ 5’s of the year. He’s 32-22-1 on the season, and ready to make Week 13 lucky for the listening audience.
Here are Colin’s Week 13 NFL plays, including one of his favorite play’s this year:
- Panthers at Saints (-4) – Colin is taking the Saints, coming of a tough loss, laying 4 at home against an inconsistent Cam Newton and the Panthers. New Orleans is 6-3 ATS over their last 9, 4-0-1 ATS over their last 5 against the Panthers, and beat Carolina 34-13 in Week 3 with Drew Brees completing 76% of his passes, with 3 TD’s and a Passer Rating of 131.4. Over his last 5 games, Brees has a Passer Rating of 109.8.
The Panthers D just allowed Josh McCown to throw for 3 TD’s without an INT and a Passer Rating of 109.4, so expect Brees to carve them up while also pounding it in the running game. Cam has had trouble consistently moving the chains, and if he can’t, the Carolina D could be gassed by the 4th quarter. Take the Saints, lay the 4. 31-22, New Orleans.
- Lions at Ravens (-2.5) – Colin loves Baltimore giving 2.5, at home, against Matt Stafford Detroit, and it’s mostly because of their dominant defense that has allowed a microscopic 9.8 PPG and 255.3 YPG over their last 4 games. The Ravens have 14 Sacks in their last 4 and should be able to tee off on Stafford, who’s been sacked 10 times in his last 3. Also, Baltimore leads the NFL in Takeaways (26), and could feast on a Detroit offense that has the 5th most giveaways in the league since Week 5.
Matt Stafford could be running for his life here. Take the Ravens, lay the 2.5. 28-21, Baltimore.
- Chiefs at Jets (+3) – Colin likes the surprising Jets getting a field goal, at home, against the struggling Chiefs. New York is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 at home, and 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9, overall. Meanwhile, Kansas City is only 1-5 ATS over their last 6, and have only rushed for 100 yards once in their last 6 games (1-5 overall).
In his last 4 games, Josh McCown has 7 Pass TD’s, 1 INT, and a Passer Rating of 101.9. In his last 5 games, breakout receiver Robby Anderson has 6 receiving TD’s, including at least one in each game. Take the Jets, the points, and the outright win. 24-23, Jets.
- Vikings (+3) at Falcons – Colin is rolling with the Vikings and Case Keenum getting 3 points on the road against a resurgent Atlanta. Minnesota is 5-0 ATS in their last 5, and comes in riding a 7-game win streak, during which they’ve scored 20 or more points in each game for the first time since the record setting 1998 team.
Latavius Murray has 5 rushing touchdowns over his last 5 while averaging 4.5 YDS/Rush, and will face a Falcons D that has allowed 6 rushing scores and 5.1 YDS/Rush in their last 4. Ball control and defense gets the cover. Take Minny, the 3, and the outright W. 28-24, Vikings.
- Steelers (-5.5) at Bengals – Colin doesn’t like swallowing points, but absolutely loves Steelers laying 5.5 on the road against AFC North rival Cincinnati in what might be his favorite pick of the year.
Pittsburgh is 4-2 ATS over their last 6, and 11-2-1 ATS in their last 14 on the road in Cincy. They’re 6-0 when Le’Veon Bell has 100+ scrimmage yards this year, and Cincinnati’s defense has allowed 146.2 Rush YPG over their last 6 games. In his first game against the Bengals in Week 7, Bell racked up 192 total scrimmage yards, and has averaged 119.8 YPG with 4 touchdowns in his last 4 road games.
Pittsburgh should be able to pound the rock all day and the defense should stifle Andy Dalton. Take the Steelers, lay the 5.5. 34-23, Steelers.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) December 1, 2017