It’s time for the Blazin’ 5 for NFL Week 10. Colin broke even last week, going 2-2 with a push, to bring him to 25-19-1 on the year. He’s done breaking even. In this election week, he’s ready to make the Blazin’ 5 great again.
Don’t listen to your buddy Sully “The Esophagus”. Colin’s droppin’ dimes in Week 10.
Here are his Blazin’ 5 plays for NFL Week 10.
- Bears (+1.5) at Bucs – Colin loves the Bears in this spot, heading into Tampa coming off a bye. Smokin’ Jay Cutler is healthy, and the Bears D has allowed a respectable 19.2 points per game since Week 4. It’s technically a home game for the Bucs, but their 3-17 record in their last 20 games at Raymond James Stadium doesn’t qualify as an advantage. Chicago covers and gets the outright win, 30-21.
2. Dolphins (+3.5) at Chargers – Colin loves the Fins on the road in San Diego getting points. Since Miami upgraded its O-line they’ve been running wild with running back Jay Ajayi. The Dolphins 34 runs of 10+ yards ranks 4th in the NFL. Miami hasn’t committed a single turnover during their current 3-game winning streak, while gathering 4 takeaways. Colin doesn’t trust San Diego. Take the Dolphins and the points. 24-23, Miami.
3. Packers at Titans (+2.5) – The Titans aren’t great at home, but Colin likes them against the struggling Packers. Green Bay has only scored 2 second half touchdowns on the road all season. Surprisingly, the Titans offense ranks 3rd in the NFL since Week 5 with 31 points per game. Tennessee running back DeMarco Murray is 2nd in the NFL with 807 yards, and since Week 5, Marcus Mariota has a passer rating of 111.8, with 13 Touchdowns and only 3 interceptions, while completing 67.1% of his passes. On the year, his 116 red zone passer rating is 3rd best in the league. Take the Titans and the 2.5. 27-26, Tennessee.
4. Broncos (+1.5) at Saints – Denver getting points at the Superdome is Colin’s play of the week. He loves teams coming off bad losses, and the Broncos just got pushed around by the Raiders on national TV. Denver’s D is still a monster, and they lead the NFL in 4th-quarter scoring this season with 101 points. The Saints defense has been a mess, allowing 29.8 points per game. Only the Browns and Niners are worse. Colin loves the angry Broncos getting points. 27-23, Denver.
5. Cowboys at Steelers (-2.5) – On the surface, Dallas getting points at the struggling Steelers seems like a mistake. It’s not. The public is heavy on the Cowboys. Colin is going the other way, and swallowing the 2.5. The Dallas defense has allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete over 70% of their passes in each of the last 4 games. Big Ben played poorly coming off an injury last week, but he’s 11-3 at Heinz Field in November and December since 2013. He’ll take advantage of an average Dallas pass rush, and a secondary that’s missing Barry Church and Mo Claiborne. A desperate Pittsburgh turns it on at home and covers the 2.5, 31-23.
Make sure you download, listen and subscribe to Colin’s Blazin’ 5 Prediction Podcast with RJ Bell every Saturday morning through the end of the football season. He’ll sit down with RJ and see how this week’s Blazin’ 5 stacks up against the Vegas sharps.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) November 11, 2016