Every Friday, it’s time for Colin’s Blazin’ 5. Colin had a rough Week 1 (2 – 3), but he’s feeling confident heading into Week 2 now that he’s seen the teams with his own eyes. He’s ready to make the house pay up.
Don’t listen to your buddy Teddy “The Nostril”. Listen to Colin, and cut out some time on Monday so you can make a trip to the bank to unload your stacks of cash.
Without further delay, here’s Colin’s NFL Week 2 Blazin’ 5.
- Kansas City (+2.5) vs. Houston – Colin loves getting the 2.5 here. Sure, the Texans looked great last week. Get over it, it was the Bears and Smokin’ Jay Cutler. KC has the QB and coaching edge, and have won 11 straight regular season contests. Tight end Travis Kelce is going to be a massive matchup problem for the Texans. Take KC and the points. Road dogs pull the outright upset. 24 -17 KC.
2. Titans (+5.5) vs. Detroit – 5.5 points here is a gift. Detroit scored 30 on the road against Indy’s high school caliber defense in Week 1. Big deal, everyone is gonna put up 30 on the Colts this year. The Titans have a real defense, and held Adrian Peterson to a meager 31 yards rushing in Week 1. Marcus Mariota has been great on the road in his brief career (10 TD’s 1 Int). Derrick Henry and DeMarco Murray will run it against one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL to keep it close. Titans cover. 24 – 23 Detroit.
3. Atlanta (+4.5) vs. Oakland- Everybody loves the Raiders this year, including Colin. But, they’re still young, and trailed for most of Week 1 in New Orleans. Colin doesn’t love Matty Ice on the road, but he loves Atlanta’s weapons. 4.5 is too many points to give Atlanta, even on the road. Colin likes the Birds, the points and the outright upset. 27-20 Falcons.
4. Indy vs. Denver (-6) – 6 is a big number to swallow, but the Colts defense is so bad it’s inappropriate for children under the age of 18. Their two best players, cornerbacks Vontae Davis and Darius Butler are questionable. No es bueno. This one could get ugly. The Broncos D is stacked with elite talent and a rabid pass rush. Andrew Luck doesn’t stand a chance with a weak supporting cast. Colin loves a well rested Denver to demoralize the Colts. 27-10 Broncos.
5. Dallas vs. Washington (-2.5) – Dak Prescott starts his first road game against a salty Washington team that was embarrassed by the Steelers at home last week. The Cowboys aren’t the Steelers, and Dak Prescott isn’t Big Ben. The Redskins have a terrible run defense that will keep it close, but the hostile environment in DC is too much for Prescott and the ‘Boys. Washington by a couple of field goals. Give the 2.5. Washington 26 – 20.
That’s The Blazin’ 5 for Week 2 in the NFL.
Also, make sure you download, listen and subscribe to Colin’s Prediction Podcast, which will be available this Saturday morning, and every Saturday through the end of the football season. He’ll sit down with RJ Bell from Pregame.com and see how his Blazin’ 5 stacks up against the smart money in Vegas.
? @ColinCowherd makes his Week 2 Blazin’ 5 picks ?
You’re welcome in advance. pic.twitter.com/FERqU4JaLT
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) September 16, 2016