It’s time for Colin’s Blazin’ 5 for NFL Week 14. Colin had a small setback last week, going 2-3 after three winning weeks in a row. Merely a flesh wound. He’s still 37-27-1 on the year, and he loves this week’s slate of games.
Christmas is coming, and Uncle Colin is here to give the gift that always fits perfectly every time, cash.
Here are his Blazin’ 5 plays for NFL Week 14.
- Saints (+2.5) at Bucs – The Saints are getting 2.5 going on the road to face red-hot Tampa, and Colin loves New Orleans and the points. If Drew Brees is under center, the Saints are going to light up the scoreboard. They’re 1st in total yards per game, 1st in passing yards per game, and 2nd in the league with 28.9 points per contest.
The Saints have won 8 of their last 9 against the Bucs, who are just 2-4 at home this year. Tampa has won four straight, but 3 have been by less than 10 points. Take Brees, the points, and the outright upset. 30-28, New Orleans.
2. Broncos (+1) at Titans – Colin likes Denver’s superior roster getting a point at Tennessee. The Broncos have the league’s top-ranked pass defense (192.7 ypg), lead the league in sacks (36), and are in the Top 10 in red-zone touchdown efficiency. The Broncos are 4-2 on the road, and Trevor Siemian is supposed to return this week.
He could get very comfortable facing a Tennessee defense that’s 21st in takeaways, and 26th in passing yards per game allowed. The Titans secondary is as bad as there is in the NFL. They’re awful. Colin thinks Denver pulls the upset. Take the Broncos and the point. 28-24, Denver.
3. Cardinals at Dolphins (-1) – Colin likes the Dolphins getting a point at home against Arizona. The Cardinals are 1-4 on the road, and Colin got roasted by them earlier this year when they traveled to Carolina. He vowed never to take them again because you can’t trust ’em. Miami is 5-1 at Joe Robbie this year, and the Cardinals have given up 20+ pts in 5 straight games. Their defense looks good on paper, but you can’t ignore the numbers.
Miami is focused, vying for a playoff spot, and the Cardinals are playing out the stretch. Carson Palmer has lost all four road starts this year, and has more interceptions than touchdowns (7 TD/8 Int). It all adds up to a Dolphins’ win. 24-20, take Miami.
4. Seahawks at Packers (+2.5) – Colin is all over the Packers getting points, playing host to the Seahawks in Lambeau. Seattle is just 2-3-1 on road, and Russell Wilson has 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in his last 3 games. The Packers are 4-2 at home, and have won 15 of their last 16 December home games since 2008.
Aaron Rodgers is heating up down the stretch, and has 19 touchdowns and only 3 interceptions in the last 7 games. The Packers need this game to maintain any hope of making the playoffs. Colin likes a desperate Green Bay in the weather, and the 2.5. 24-23, Pack.
5. Ravens (+7) at Patriots – Colin has been talking about this line all week. He loves the Ravens’ defense going into the weather in New England. Baltimore has the league’s top-ranked rush defense(73.8 ypg), and have won 4 of 5, with their lone loss coming at Dallas. Joe Flacco is completing nearly 70% of his passes over the last 5 games, and had 4 touchdown passes last week in Miami.
3 of the last 4 games between the two teams in New England have been decided by 4 points or less. These games are always close. The Ravens are one of the few teams that can line up with New England consistently, and they’ve done it in Foxborough before. Gronk is out, and the Patriots are averaging 5 fewer points per game without him since 2011 (30 ppg with, 26.5 without). Colin likes the Patriots to win, but the Ravens to cover. 27-26, Patriots.
Make sure you download, listen and subscribe to Colin’s Blazin’ 5 Prediction Podcast with RJ Bell every Saturday morning through the end of the football season. He’ll sit down with RJ and see how this week’s Blazin’ 5 stacks up against the Vegas sharps.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) December 9, 2016