It’s Friday in The Herd and it’s time for the Blazin’ 5 for NFL Week 7. If you’re allergic to the color green, please stop reading. You may require serious medical attention.
Colin was 3-2 in Week 6, and a bad beat away from 4-1. He’s 17-13 on the year and ready to ride a heater this week all the way to the bank. Stop stressing and stop guessing, this week’s Blazin’ 5 has Colin’s full-throated blessing.
Don’t listen to your buddy Jimmy “The Ingrown Toenail”. Colin’s ready to run the table.
Here are his Blazin’ 5 plays for NFL Week 7.
1. Chargers (+6.5) at Falcons – Colin loves the Chargers getting 6.5. Despite the Chargers’ 2-4 record, they’re one of 3 teams that have led for over 230 minutes of game time this season, and they’re scoring 28.8 points per game, which is 3rd best in the league. Atlanta has separated itself as one of the top teams in the NFL, but they’re coming off of back-to-back physically punishing games against Denver and Seattle and Colin thinks it’s taken a toll. Take the Chargers and the points. Atlanta wins, but the Bolts cover, 24-23.
2. Ravens at Jets (-1) – Baltimore has dropped their last three after starting 3-0, and two of their wins have come against bottom feeders Cleveland and Jacksonville. They also play close games, with their games being decided by an average of 4 points. Colin likes the Jets’ defense at home against a Ravens’ offense that is last in the AFC in yards per play. This one won’t be pretty, but the Jets win and cover, 24-20.
3. Bills at Dolphins (+3) – The Dolphins are getting 3 at home, where they’re 2-1 on the year and coming off a 15-point win against the Steelers. Colin is no Ryan Tannehill fan, but the Miami offense is averaging an impressive 6 yards per play, which is 6th best in the NFL. Running back Jay Ajayi went for 204 yards and 2 Touchdowns in the Pittsburgh win. The Fins get the outright win and the cover, 23-21.
4. Vikings at Eagles (+2.5) – Upset Alert! Colin has been heavy on the Vikings all year, but he loves the Eagles getting points at home against Minnesota this week. Philly is 2-0 at home on the year, winning their games by an average of 25 points. Minnesota’s biggest weakness is their offensive line, which is banged up and missing tackles Andre Smith and Matt Kalil. Philly’s strength is their defensive front, which has 14 sacks on the year. Colin predicts Philly will dominate up front and control the game. Take the Eagles and the points. Carson Wentz and Philly pull the upset, 24-23.
5. Seahawks at Cardinals (-2) – Colin is no fan of giving points, but he likes the Cards giving 2 at home against Seattle. Arizona had a rough start to the season, but they’re starting to play to the level of their elite defensive roster. They haven’t allowed 300 yards in a game since Week 2, and have forced a league high 14 takeaways. They’ll face a Seahawks team that’s coming off a hard fought win against Atlanta. The Cardinals offense has gone two weeks without a giveaway after coughing it up 10 times in Weeks 3 and 4. The Cards are tough at home, and they need this one. Arizona wins and covers the 2. 26-20 Cardinals.
That’s an NFL Week 7 Blazin’ 5 that’s more flammable than a gasoline soaked rag at an arson convention.
Also, make sure you download, listen and subscribe to Colin’s Blazin’ 5 Prediction Podcast with RJ Bell every Saturday morning through the end of the football season. He’ll sit down with RJ and see how this week’s Blazin’ 5 stacks up against the Vegas sharps.