It’s Friday in The Herd and it’s time for the Blazin’ 5 for NFL Week 6. If you hate obscenely early retirements on remote tropical islands, please don’t read any further.
Colin came back last week like it was Rocky II. He was 4-1 in Week 5, and is now over .500 (14-11) for the year. There’s no going back. We’re through the looking glass people. Grab the fire extinguisher, Colin is about to burn Vegas to the ground like his name was the “Mad King”.
Don’t listen to your buddy Steve “The Epiglottis”. Colin’s got Vegas out on it’s feet, and this week he’s ready to put it into a rear-naked choke hold.
Here are Colin’s plays for NFL Week 6. It’s the Blazin’ 5.
1. Eagles at Redskins (+2.5) – Washington has been playing out of their minds against the NFC East this year, and they’re on a 3-game winning streak overall. KIrk Cousins has a 100.7 passer rating during the streak, and the defense has 7 takeaways during the stretch. Sorry Carson Wentz, no soup for you. Take Washington and the points, 27-23.
2. Colts at Texans (-3.5) – Colin hates coughing up points, but he loves the Texans giving 3.5 at home against the Colts and their Junior Varsity defense. They just gave up 400 yards (397) and 2 touchdowns to career backup Brian freakin’ Hoyer. The Colts D has allowed a criminally indictable 70 passing plays of 10+ yards this year, and Houston rookie Will Fuller has 12 Receptions of 10+ Yards. Houston’s offense is limited with Osweiler, but not at home, and not against an inferior Indianapolis roster. Texans covers the 3.5 and then some, 36-26.
3. Steelers at Dolphins (+7.5) – What the hell is Colin thinking (smoking) taking the Dolphins against the 4-1 Steelers? He’s thinking that the Dolphins have a real defense. They’re 6th best in the NFL in 3rd Down Defense (33.3% conversion rate), and have forced the 2nd most negative plays in the AFC (39). The Steelers D is filled with holes and is allowing the 6th most yards per play (5.94) in the league. Also, it’s desperation time for the Dolphins. Pittsburgh wins, but the Dolphins cover at home. 27-26, Steelers.
4. Chiefs (+1) at Raiders – Kansas City is getting a point with Andy Reid coming off a bye, where he’s 15-2 in his career. That means bye bye for the Silver and Black. The Oakland defense is giving up an offensive 7 yards a play, and has allowed 16 offensive touchdowns (only the Browns and the Chargers have allowed more). Colin always loves teams that
1.) Get embarrassed on national TV – the Chiefs got drilled 43-14 by the Steelers in their last game on Sunday night, and;
2.) Teams that have extra time for preparation.
The Chiefs are both. Take Kansas City, the point and the outright win in the Black Hole, 30-24.
5. Cowboys at Packers (-4) – Colin has been tough on Aaron Rodgers, but A-Rodg has 49 touchdowns and 6 picks in his last 3 years at home at Lambeau. The Pack has the best rushing defense in the NFL, only allowing 42 yards per game, which matches up well against run-heavy Dallas and NFL leader Ezekiel Elliott. Colin likes Green Bay to cover the 4 at home, 27-20.
That’s an NFL Week 6 Blazin’ 5 that’s hotter than an exploding Samsung Galaxy 7!
Also, make sure you download, listen and subscribe to Colin’s Blazin’ 5 Prediction Podcast with RJ Bell every Saturday morning through the end of the football season. He’ll sit down with RJ and see how this week’s Blazin’ 5 stacks up against the Vegas sharps.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) October 14, 2016