It’s NFL Week 7 and time for Colin’s Blazin’ 5 NFL picks. He bounced back from his only losing week of the year by going 3-2 in Week 6, which improved his overall record to a blistering 19-11. This week, he’s ready to take it to the house again.
Here are Colin’s Week 7 NFL plays:
- Cardinals at Rams (-3.5) (London) – Colin likes the Rams as 3.5-point favorites in London against an Arizona team that’s 1-5 ATS in their last 6. A Cardinals defense that’s given up the most passing TD’s of 20+ yards will meet L.A.’s top ranked scoring offense that leads the league in scoring and 20+ yard plays.
Arizona is the only team that’s allowed 100 QB pressures – Carson Palmer has been hit an NFL high 55 times – and the Rams defense, led by Aaron Donald is averaging 13 QB pressures per game. Take L.A. lay the points. 34-24, Rams.
- Ravens at Vikings (-5.5) – Colin is taking the Vikings at home, laying 5.5 against a struggling Baltimore offense. The Vikings are 4-1 ATS over their last 5 at home and have held 5 of their 6 opponents to under 20 points, this year. They’re also ranked 5th in scoring defense and total defense.
Baltimore is 3-7 ATS in their last 10 on the road, and have given up 169.5 rushing yards per game over last 4, overall. Viking running back Jerick McKinnon has been huge since Dalvin Cook went down for the year and should be able to exploit the weak Baltimore run D. Since taking over in Week 5, McKinnon is averaging 21.5 touches per game, 122.5 total yards per game, and has 3 touchdowns. Take Minnesota, lay the 5.5. 28-17, Vikings.
- Panthers (-3) at Bears – Colin is taking Cam and the Panthers going into Chicago as 3-point favorites. Colin likes the Bears roster, but Mitch Trubisky only completed 48% of his passes for just 5.88 yards per pass, last week, and isn’t ready to get a win against Carolina.
The Panthers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 on the road, have the 3rd best 3rd down conversion percentage in the league (45.2), and are 2nd in the NFL in time of possession. Take Carolina, give the field goal. 27-17, Panthers.
- Cowboys at 49ers (+6) – Colin likes the winless Niners getting 6 at home. San Francisco has lost 5 straight games by 3 or fewer points (the longest streak in NFL history), and are 4-1 ATS over their last 5. Dallas is 3-9 ATS over their last 12, and in their last 2 games, they’ve allowed 164.0 rushing yards per game and 5.86 yards per rush. In their last 4, the Cowboys have allowed 11 Pass TD’s, while forcing just 1 interception.
San Francisco is tied for the most 10+ play drives in the league (14), which could help them milk the clock and make it closer than people think. Dallas wins, Niners cover. 26-24, Cowboys.
- Falcons (+3.5) at Patriots – Colin has been down on the Falcons this season, but he’ll take them getting 3.5 going into Foxboro. The Patriots are 2-6 ATS over their last 6, while the Falcons are 9-2 ATS over their last 11 on the road. New England doesn’t have a pass rush, and has allowed 400+ yards AND a 300-yard passer in every game this year.
Matt Ryan could do damage if he’s not pressured. He’s completing 69% of his passes with a 95.4 passer rating on the road. Take the Falcons, the points, and the outright upset. 32-28, Atlanta.
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) October 20, 2017